Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Final Post

This is my final post! Better late than never, I suppose. Everything was so rushed over the weekend and I completely forgot to log in here and post this. Anyway, I did wish to make a few notes about the blog: Although I stressed about this project a lot, it did 'force' me to get back into playing guitar, which I think will be a big benefit to my teaching (and also a great stress-reliever next semester). It was also great practice to think about how to "infuse" art into our university semester, since that's what we will be doing at our schools.
Lastly, Willow, I have no issues with you using this blog for your research, but I would prefer to not leave it online indefinitely. Perhaps you could print it for your records after you've marked it, and I will take it down at that point.
Have a great December!

1 comment:

Willow Brown said...

Hi, Charlea. I have now reviewed all of your posts and I'll leave you an overall comment here, as well as email a personalized rubric and your grade when I have finished all the blogs.

You have about eleven posts of a reasonable length, variety, and depth of reflection. You show that you have participated in required activities as well as some extra ones, like your "Soliloquies" gallery visit. You draw some valuable learning for teaching out of your own experiences, such as with the Assessment project (City) and the idea of "infusing" arts into other learning for yourselves in teacher education as well as for your future students. The Jackson Pollock activity is a fun addition - you might have mentioned the value of this artist or classroom connections. You have reminded everyone, in a convincing way, not to underestimate the abilities of young students, and you have expressed a frustration that so many of us feel, the difficulty of bringing arts into our life styles when there are so many scheduled pressures and due dates. I think you are onto something about setting our our "due dates" - not just for the blog, but for infusing arts into our lives. Your drumming and especially your Art Show video are great additions to your blog - I wonder if you could bring me a copy of the Art Show one sometime in January? I hope you find time to continue with your guitar...I will dust mine off at Christmas time and hopefully continue in January. I am ok with your deleting your blog whenever you like.