To kick off my blog and in search of a little inspiration, I visited the Two Rivers Gallery on Thursday evening. The Gallery has free admission on Thursdays and right now they are featuring an exhibit that really ties in well with the theme of our class blogs. I really reccommend checking out the "Soliliquies" exhibit, which focuses on the theme of creativity and solitude. My favourite were the mixed-media pieces that combine a variety of different mediums on canvas. Each piece of art included quotes from the artists reflecting on 'solitude'. I took note of a few quotes that I really liked.
"Often people do not realize that you need to work at being creative and you can only do that in solitude." - Nancy E. Stevens
"Whenever one goes somewhere, wherever it may be - mentally or physically - they meet something there." Margaretha Bootswan
About Me
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Neat way to "kick off" your blog! I think I may have to go to see this exhibit this weekend. Remind me to tell everyone that I have arranged for free passes to the Gallery for our class. Also, we will have a field trip and special lesson there near the end of November. But by then there will be a new exhibit so I am glad that you took yourself to this one.
Charlea, I worked side by side with the curatorial student Yael Filipovic who created the Soliliquies exhibit from the permanent collection. I agree she did a wonderful job! She did a lot of research into solitude as a social inspirational process rather than a sad and lonely one. I hope everyone goes to check it out! :)
Thanks Char! I forgot that the gallery was free on Thursday night.
You've now got me curious. I want to know what Margareth met and whether she made this invisible retreat visible...
Post a Comment