This is pretty entertaining... something artistic to do between classes :)
http://www.jacksonpollock.org
If you press different keys and the space bar, different things happen!
This blog is part of my requirements for the completion of Education 406 at UNBC. I will be posting details of some of my explorations with Fine Arts over the course of the semester and getting reacquainted with my artistic side! Since my artistic side is well-buried at this point, feel free to post here with any ideas or suggestions...
7 comments:
That website is SO cool! The exploration process reminded me of the passage in the textbook that said exploration in the form of scribbles is a natural progression. After a few tries I started to feel like my paintings were actually quite beautiful.
I went to the website and I thought it was a bad link at first but then the lines and blotches of paint started to appear on the screen as I moved my mouse. It is an interesting use of technology to demonstrate principles and technique in art. It would also be a great introduction activity to modern artists or modern art.
I thought the link was broken too until I read Mike's comment... I really like it, good find Charlea!
Great link, Charlea! How did you find it?
I found it very therapeutic just to play for a few minutes. I wish there was an option to save your picture. It also would have been cool to have a bit more control over the work, like being able to choose the colours.
I know what you mean Amanda, I doodled around on there for a while and was just really enjoying the exploration of it and the beauty that seemed to all of a sudden happen right in front of me. I was sad that I couldn't save it either but I was thinking that I may just take a photo of the screen and then I'd have some art that I made to post to my blog. In fact, I still may do that.
I had fun creating a piece of art today!
Wow! That is too cool!
Post a Comment