About Me
Thursday, November 20, 2008
I took the opportunity this week to integrate Art with our Assessment course. Okay nothing new there, we *all* integrated art since it is the premise of building the model Andrea required, but I was trying as much as possible to make it artsy, which made the project way more fun (something for me to remember when coming up with assignments to go with my lesson plans next semester.) My Assessment model was a City, with different streets leading to different aspects of "Assessment For and As Learning" strategies. I made a trip to the dollar store and bought different-textured scrapbook pages to use for the buildings and roads, sparkly stickers to use for vehicles, and coarse construction paper for the sky and land. I ended up being pretty happy with my "city" but also it was really great to take a little break and be crafty. I built my model at the end of a particularly long night of homework and it was really relaxing to cut out shapes and be creative for awhile! Going to try very hard to take some time over the weekend to do something artistic...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Thanks for your comment. I guess it explains why people take up art, or playing an instrument or something artsy, because it is a great way to relax and get rid of some stress, even if only for a short while.
Post a Comment